Village of Fairport Harbor
The Fairport Harbor Lighthouse was built on the east side of the Grand river in 1825. It was a 30-foot-high brick tower with a two story keeper's house. By the 1850s the tower and cottage had deteriorated and a new sandstone tower and keeper's house was built in 1871. In 1925, after the government put into operation a new combination light and foghorn station, the tower and light were to be torn down, but in 1941 the village of Fairport saved the structures by leasing them from the Coast Guard.
Presently the Fairport Harbor Historical Society maintains the lighthouse and dwelling as a marine museum open to the public.
LIGHTHOUSE - 40' / OPEN - May-September / MUSEUM - Yes