Entrance to Cuyahoga River
The 30' brick lighthouse and a connected steel foghorn building stand on a thick concrete-stone foundation that places the light 63' above lake level, making it visible for ten miles. The structures are white trimmed in green. The small 30' tower of the East Pierhead light, 1/2 mile across the harbor entrance from the West Pierhead Lighthouse, stands on a circular platform surrounded by a low wall of steel and stone at the tip of a long breakwater that forms the Cleveland inner harbor.
Both lighthouses were built about 1910 and can only be viewed by water or points along the waterfront.
LIGHTHOUSE - 30' / OPEN - No / MUSEUM - No