Eight Miles From Shore
When the Army Corps of Engineers dredged a channel from Lake Erie into the Maumee River, they marked the channel by building a lighthouse eight miles out in the Lake from Toledo's busy harbor in 1904. The three story structure with a light tower on top rests on a massive concrete-and-stone base almost 20 feet high above the water. With a focal plane over 70' above the Lake, the station has remained in service since being built and it now has an automated red and white flashing light, installed in 1965. Off-limits to visitors.
LIGHTHOUSE - 72' / OPEN - No / MUSEUM - No